New From PetroChem Wire . . . .

NGLs Week

NGLs Week Newsletter  

NGLs Week is PetroChem Wire's comprehensive summary of price trends, upstream and downstream costs, operations news and supply/demand forecasts. The report contains everything you'll need to understand what's happening in the NGL markets.

For more information, click here.

Indorama’s Lake Charles cracker gets air permit; start up in 4Q 2017

HOUSTON, August 29, 2016 (PCW) – Indorama Ventures on Monday said it had received the necessary federal air permits for its cracker in Lake Charles.

Mechanical completion is expected in the third quarter of 2017 with start-up in 4Q.

The air permit, which is the main environmental permit required by the company in order to proceed with refurbishment of the cracker, allows the project to commence the repair and construction activities at the site a month ahead of the original target date, the company said.

Last year, Indorama acquired the dormant ethylene plant from Occidental Chemical. IVL is taking a 76% interest in the ethylene cracker, with the remaining 24% financial investment being made by Indorama Corporation.

The Lake Charles cracker has a capacity of 370,000 mt/yr (800 million lbs/yr) of ethylene and 30,000 mt/yr (65 million lbs/yr) of propylene. -- Samantha Hartke

Sign Up for RSS Feed  follow us in feedly